Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
You will plan, acquire, build, launch, and manage Starry Internet Vertical Assets. You will be responsible for all operational aspects of the vertical assets in the local market including design, construction, installation, site turn up, and site optimization and expansion. You will work closely with the RF Planning, GIS, Marketing, Sales, and Deployment teams to identify, acquire, and bring into production high value sites that support Starry’s business objectives in the market. Our ideal candidate will develop a culturally aligned top-notch team with existing and new members.
You will be responsible for setting up operational structures and methods to manage the development of vertical asset sites on an aggressive schedule, from budgeting to materials sourcing. You will leverage established playbooks and also create new ones. Our ideal candidate will have their finger on the pulse of Starry’s culture and values and be able to propagate them.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in a wireless telecommunications environment, delivering multiple concurrent highly visible site acquisition or colocation projects.
- A history of building high-performance teams from the ground up and managing budgets
- Knowledge of outdoor telco construction services (ordering and installation): Power (AC and DC) distribution plants, fiber, ethernet, permitting, zoning, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, UPS, weatherproofing, and grounding
- Familiarity with RF propagation and as it pertains to coverage and high-availability network design and site construction i.e. line of sight (LOS), fresnel zone interference, multipath, signal reflection
- Demonstrated experience in identifying process bottlenecks, developing, improving and documenting critical processes with clear ownership
- Excellent in managing pipeline of large and complex network construction projects, project planning, communication, delegation, process improvements, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience in managing construction contractors and project managers, VA engineers, VA Technicians, electrician, Supply Chain and equipment product vendors, tracking and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to Management Team
- Strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency - a proven track record of delivering aggressive deadlines on time and on budget
- Extraordinary ability on multitasking
- A history of superior team building and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision-making skills
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, work in extreme weather, and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly and as required
- Must be able to regularly use ladders, hatches, steps, and other means to gain access to roofs on multiple story buildings
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
Bonus points if..
- You have prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, residential rooftops
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.