Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will drive the transition of R&D products to manufacturing from systems engineering, coordinating with NPI teams, engineering teams, and supply chain teams to ensure a smooth transition. You will be responsible for ensuring feedback from manufacturing is supported through sustaining projects, mobilizing engineering teams as needed.
Reporting to the Director of Program Management, you will help project teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs.
- Work with engineering and NPI teams to define manufacturing transition framework, as well as entry and exit criteria. This will encompass:
- working with engineering project managers on transition from engineering prototyping and early integration to RFsystems testing, ensuring exit criteria to field and beta tests are met.
- working with the Director of Manufacturing Operations, coordinate among NPI, manufacturing, and supply chain teams on systems build and test for engineering validation, beta testing, and production ramp.
- working with Supply Chain to ensure adequate materials will support NPI activities
- as part of production ramp, mobilizing engineering team members to address product build and test debug items, ensuring timely resolution of production line issues
- Through regular check-ins with the Director of Manufacturing Operations, identify and define sustaining engineering projects, coordinate engineering resources for sustaining projects, and drive projects from concept to implementation for issue resolution.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications, or with a minimum of 2 years experience leading large-scale projects
- 5+ years of project management experience using either Agile or Waterfall methods
- Ability to identify program or process gaps and take initiative to drive them to resolution
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.