Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
Starry is fixing the internet by designing and building wireless mmWave network technology, providing internet connectivity in an entirely new way. As a Talent Acquisition Partner, you’ll play an essential role in achieving our growth goals by engaging and delivering a best-in-class candidate experience to hire top talent. You will be responsible for cultivating talent pipelines and hiring technical talent to help grow our Engineering organization. We are always looking for fresh ideas that make our talent strategy most effective in a competitive market. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, positive, resourceful and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Location: Work from Home Hybrid and In-Office options available based out of Boston HQ
What you’ll do:
- Full lifecycle recruiting across a variety of roles in technical hardware and software development.
- Partner with hiring managers to translate business strategies into relevant talent strategies
- Create compelling, inclusive job descriptions to attract top talent
- Proactively develop diverse pipelines of talent through networking, sourcing, marketing and relationship building
- Serve as a key contributor to the talent brand strategy including recruiting events and promotion through social media
- Provide a high-touch experience to candidates, nurturing a relationship to better understand the person (not just the resume), and providing a transparent view of the larger team and culture at Starry
- Analyze data to make recommendations to your hiring managers about the most effective hiring strategies
- Assist with the bi-annual co-op program recruitment process
What you need:
- 3-5 years’ full lifecycle technical recruiting experience within a corporate/in-house environment
- Experience within a high-growth, quickly scaling company
- Strong understanding of hardware development, software development, wifi a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and distributed team-based environment
- Exceptional communication skills and a customer first mindset
- Proactive and resourceful
- Advanced social media and recruiting sourcing tools (i.e. LinkedIn, Handshake, Facebook, and GitHub), bonus points for opening our eyes to creative new sourcing avenues!
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse preferred)
- Proficiency with GSuite Applications & Slack
Bonus points if…
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a passion for Starry
- You have experience in Technology, Communications, or Telcom
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.