Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What We Are Looking For:
Starry is looking for a dynamic, detail-oriented, proactive, and adaptable People Resources Business Partner to join our growing People Resources Team. As an PRBP, you will be an integral part of the Human Resources business initiatives for your dedicated business unit within our organization. You will work closely with the People Resources Team, but must also be able to work autonomously, adapting to change while making decisions quickly in our fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Director, People Resources Business Partner. It's a very exciting time to be joining Starry!
What You Will Do:
- Provide day-to-day guidance and mentorship to leadership and people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Utilize people trends to collaborate on the development, and implementation of People Resources training, projects and programs.
- Guide employee relations matters and proactively provide suggestions while reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance.
- Support the execution of key talent initiatives (driving change where needed) across the assigned business units such as leadership development, performance management, succession planning, organizational strategy and design, and role based competency development.
- Conduct talent reviews and create action plans along with the department managers to create a successful team including promotions, transfers, etc.
- Using employee data, routinely assess and anticipate all People Resources related needs and spot trends across the organization.
- Actively collaborate across peer groups – specifically, individuals within talent acquisition, people operations and finance to optimize Starry's talent and achieve company goals.
- Ability to track and proactively report on key People metrics.
- The position formulates partnerships across the departments he/she supports to deliver value-added and proactive service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- 5+ years of proven experience working in Human Resources within a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in global high-growth technology company a plus
- Knowledge of US employment law and experience applying this effectively as a trusted HR advisor
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and high growth
- Brings an evaluative mindset, with an interest in improving and scaling programs and initiatives successfully across the business
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and Influence a variety of work styles and personalities
- Apt listener and proactive communicator.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now is a plus
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.