Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
The Director of Finance will be a key member of the Finance team and will require the candidate to be capable of operating successfully in a high growth, rapidly evolving organization. The candidate will be responsible for leading the timely production of GAAP and non-GAAP Financial Statements and quarterly projections for the business. This individual will work closely with the teams responsible for budgeting and accounting and will own and help with all forecasting, and financial reporting processes. This a key strategic finance role that will report directly to the CFO and will have regular interactions with the CEO, COO and other outside shareholders.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate annual operating plan (budget) process and interim forecast updates
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial results to identify trends and explain variances in revenues, margins, expenses, capital spend and cash flows at a granular level
- Develop all financial forecasting for the business
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management reports and other analytics
- Regular dialogue with business unit leaders
- Analyze variances, trends, risks and opportunities, performance against budget/forecast/targets, key business drivers and sensitivities
- Oversee the preparation of presentations for Senior Management, the Board of Directors, Investor Relations (including quarterly earnings call materials), our lenders, and other external parties
- Assist in several external reporting related tasks requiring the parsing of financial data
- Maintenance of management reporting structures
In addition, the Director of Finance will assist in the following areas:
- Develop financial models to facilitate product revenue, standard and actual cost and spend analyses
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost reduction opportunities with operations, HR, regional leaders, etc.
- Support the review of strategic corporate initiatives including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other financial activities
- Develop pro forma financial and discounted cash flow models, analyze results, and present findings
- Perform special projects and other duties as required by the needs of the business
- Work with the Finance and Accounting teams to develop and improve the financial reporting and business analysis framework; enhance reporting techniques and tools
- Able to work flexible hours as needed during peak times
- Public company reporting and planning experience required
- Bachelors degree required, MBA, CPA or CFA preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant experience required
- Significant experience creating, tracking, and controlling financial budgets, actual, forecasts and metrics
- Advanced knowledge of financial planning business processes and budgeting
- Solid knowledge of accounting is required
- Demonstrated abilities to drive a team to accomplish goals through strong leadership and process discipline
- Experience with one of the Big 4 audit firms a plus but not required
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.