Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you will do:
- Build from the ground up and lead the L&D function for Starry.
- Individual contributor for remainder of current year. Build case and ROI for building out an L&D team starting in early 2022.
- Collaborate with members of the executive management team to align L&D strategy with the overall goals of the organization.
- Lead the execution of key talent initiatives (driving change where needed) such as leadership and manager development, performance management, talent development, succession planning, career pathing, organizational design to support Starry’s strategy, and role-based competency development.
- Understand current LMS (Litmos) capabilities and content and roll out to all company with tracks for various training initiatives that the business deems important and necessary.
- Collaborate with People Resources and Executive leadership to run Starry’s first ever engagement survey. Gain buy-in, educate and communicate desired outcomes, survey launch, share high level results, drive action planning by department and with periodic updates on progress. Becomes starting point to understand holistic employee engagement. Adapt/flex due to feedback. Repeat at a frequency that is beneficial to Starry and supports retention.
- Build internal networks to access expertise and relationships with other department or functional leaders and to leverage functional area knowledge
- Ability to track and proactively report on key L&D metrics. Develop ways to measure and communicate success and ROI of learning initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Psychology or Business Management
- 10+ years of proven experience in Organizational Design, Change Assessment, Effectiveness, Performance Management and Leadership Development within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in global high-growth technology company preferred
- Proven experience in organizational design for rapidly expanding organizations
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and high growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of initiative taking with excellent project management, negotiation, and mediation skills
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and Influence a variety of work styles and personalities
- Apt listener and proactive communicator.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.