Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
You will be writing embedded system software for Starry's mmWave radios and indoor wi-fi products. You will be leveraging your extensive command of Linux, C++, RUST, and Python to enable networking for Starry’s Internet Service. You will also be coaching novice to senior level engineers to achieve their goals within Starry. You will be guiding the team by shining example: using your skilled coding, and sharing your passion for modular, reusable code, clean APIs, Linux/ARM, and especially Networking!
Who we're looking for:
- You are a principal level or hands-on technical lead with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience.
- You are an expert at one of either C++ or RUST or both, and have tackled embedded platform bring-up of physical device drivers (GbE+, SPI, PHYs) within Linux.
- You have at least seven years software development experience, which can be a mix of embedded and high level software development.
Bonus points if..
- You have a solid understanding of WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 (802.11ac / 802.11ax)
- Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
- Possess ability to debug from PHY Layer all the way up the Stack
- Active Open Source Contributor
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.