Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
We are looking for an incredibly talented [Interactive Designer] to join our creative team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life—creating strategic, boundary-pushing work for Starry’s digital channels. You’ll enjoy getting to the heart of complex problems and translating them into dead simple, engaging interactive experiences—coming up with multiple concepts and using your technical design chops to pull them off.
You know you’re right for this role if you have excellent communication skills and enjoy collaborating closely with copywriters, developers, and stakeholders on a daily basis. Lastly (but most importantly), you speak internet. When there’s a new design trend, you’re always the first to know.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve and elevate our brand across Starry’s digital channels including website, email, and paid social
- Collaborate with copywriters, developers, creative and marketing directors, and product managers to support growth marketing initiatives
- Create narratives and UX flows, wire-frame and present concepts, and design comps and production ready assets, plus work with developers to oversee the pixel-perfect production of your work
- Think strategically about digital communication, including conversion, user experience, interaction design, and information architecture
- Explore new, innovative, interactive approaches to tell our brand’s story
- Produce and share multiple concepts/designs for each project and provide strong recommendations based upon data and best practices
- Lead the ongoing updates and development of style guides for starry.com
- Apply basic HTML and CSS knowledge to prototype components and interactions
- Collaborate with brand designers to create consistency across channels
- Keep up to date on branding, marketing, advertising, and digital trends
Who you are:
- You have 6+ years of visual design and interaction design experience
- You have a design portfolio and/or Github handle (optional) that demonstrates systematic thinking, sophisticated attention to detail, and a deep understanding of web & mobile design trends
- You have experience working on complex multi-discipline projects while collaborating with varying stakeholders within an organization
- You’re focused on results and constantly looking for ways to make the consumer experience better by initiating feedback, assessing data, and designing options for A/B tests
- You have a basic understanding of front-end development and mobile best practices
- You’re self motivated and a great communicator; you enjoy collaborating, whether it’s hashing out briefs, brainstorming initial design concepts, or troubleshooting throughout the development process to find the best solution to any problem
- You’re an expert when it comes to using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, and you’re familiar with prototyping tools like Invision or Framer
- Experience with startups a plus
- Experience with UX research a plus
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.