Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Starry IT holds our team to treat our employees with the same exceptional support and respect as Starry customers. You’ll be expected to help corporate users with various technology issues (Wi-Fi, printers, laptop repairs, etc.)
- On-board new users including preparing company-owned laptops to corporate standards, creating cloud accounts, and supporting any issues for first day hires. Follow up with new-hires and their managers to ensure compliance with company policies (2-factor authentication, etc)
- Build new processes and systems to improve on-board experience, security, and reliability of corporate IT systems while minimizing any impact to end-user’s ability to get their day job done
- Keep track of inventory of materials and hardware to be able to handle bursts in hiring and to have spares available for urgent needs
- Work with Office Operations team for ordering
- Bachelor or Associates in technical field (MIS, etc) equivalent discipline/experience (appropriate certifications are also acceptable)
- Customer service approach to IT support. Positive attitude and helpful demeanor.
- Experience with OSX, Windows, and Linux in end-user environment.
- Experience with Google Workspaces (fka GSuite/Google Apps), Office365, and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with video conferencing solutions like Google Meet and Zoom
- Experience with MDM tools such as Mosyle or JAMF
Bonus points if:
- Experience integrating various systems for single-sign-on
- Experience with IT automation (Ansible, python, etc) tools
- Experience with Apple Device Enrollment Program
- Experience or certifications in the area of corporate network security
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.