Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What we're looking for
Starry is looking for a RF Test Engineer to work on our unique consumer facing products. Our ideal candidate will take ownership of test development and production support through the entire product life-cycle – concept, engineering development, verification testing, new product introduction, and production through end of life. You should be proficient using RF testing principles and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices.
What you'll do
- Automate RF test and measurement setups for developmental and production environments
- Develop detailed test plans, test procedures, and test result documents
- Contribute to design engineering reviews to improve test coverage and vertical testability
- Lead technical test projects in support of product development or test technology development
- Support global manufacturing and integration footprint
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical degree
- Strong understanding of RF and microwave principles
- Experience with the use of equipment for testing of RF and microwave components
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as LabView, Python, C/C++, C# or Visual Basic
- Knowledge of operation of amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
- Capable of designing and documenting overall test strategies or test systems for system, subsystem, and component level testing
Bonus points if..
- Knowledge and experience using Litepoint or Keysight equipment to test WiFi products
- Knowledge of 802.11 WiFi Physical Layer a plus
- Experience releasing a new product from NPI phase to mass production
- Experience with working with Tier 1 EMS or CM
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.