Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry designs, builds and operates wireless and wired networks for single-family units, multi-dwelling units (MDU) and enterprises. We are looking for a hands-on Senior Director of Technical Operations. In this position, you will build and lead a team of professionals who will provision, build, and certify the construction of transmission sites on commercial buildings, receiving sites on MDUs, and finally install wireless modems and routers in subscriber locations.
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead a team of project management and construction professionals to provision, construct, test, and commission network elements
- Provide a world-class experience for our clients: landlords, condominium boards and enterprises and subscribers
- Hire, train and groom our in-house professionals to excel in their fields and improve our organizational capability
- Establish relationships, negotiate contracts, and enable fulfillment of service with outside partners when necessary
- Work with sales/business development to quickly qualify and estimate costs in order to enable rapid service launch
- Collaborate with RF Network Design and Network Operations to ensure uneventful and satisfying service initiation
- Provide hands-on management of the most complex projects: leading by personally taking on any difficult problems
- Responsible for 24/7 maintenance of the network
- Manage 24/7 response team including scheduled maintenance care and feeding of the network
- Responsible for ongoing remediation projects
- Network planning and upgrades
- Based in Boston and willing to travel locally up to 35%
- Mentor and coach of members of staff, setting goals and effective checkpoints
- Moderate physical activity to fulfill operational goals
- Additional duties as required
- BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 10 years or more experience with an internet service provider with in-building low voltage construction experience OR 5 years or more in DAS construction
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Experience with networking and routing
- Proven optimistic and enthusiastic leadership style
- 5 years or more of indefatigable field leadership
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Real passion for Starry’s business
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.