Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What we are looking for:
Can you create more hours in the day? Starry is seeking a first of its kind Chief of Staff who will be instrumental in driving the efficacy of time, information and decision processes for the CEO and other senior leadership. You’ll have impact on the implementation of strategic initiatives that catalyze overarching organizational and business objectives. You’ll regularly participate in C-Suite meetings with the goal of evaluating organizational barriers to success and the development of solutions to overcome them, while anticipating new potential roadblocks around
What you will do:
- Improve the flow of information, including minimizing distractions, with the aim of increasing productivity.
- Assess inquiries from internal and external stakeholders and work with the appropriate people, to ensure issues are addressed properly and with jurisdiction.
- Collaborate with members of the executive management team to align departmental strategy with the overall goals of the organization.
- Communicate objectives between departments steering interdepartmental collaboration.
- Develop practices that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Exhibit tact and diplomacy while driving strategic direction.
- 7-10+ years’ experience, several years of which with a consulting firm and/or investment banking specializing in business/corporate development.
- Ability to work within a fast paced and dynamic organization.
- Apt listener and communicator.
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives.
- Proven ability to prepare in depth, strategic presentation materials.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Proficiency with Financial Modeling.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.