Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Professional Engineer to join our growing team. You will help design and build our fiber and wireless networks for national backbone, regional backhaul, and last mile as we continue to expand nationwide. Starry prides itself in innovating and controlling the entire customer experience of internet delivery to the end user, from the consumer friendly Starry Station Router, to our custom mm-wave networking equipment which delivers gigabit speeds over existing in-home cabling.
This position will be responsible for ensuring Starry’s network design and build standards meet or exceed expectations. You are a successful Professional Engineer with in-depth experience working with telecommunications networks, underground fiber, aerial fiber, power, poles and towers.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze network plans intended to deliver the required service levels to at least 95% of the required number of locations, and certify these to public authorities
- Analyze network diagrams containing equipment and facilities to provide voice and broadband service (last mile, middle mile, long haul, etc.) to provide coverage and service levels and certify these to public authorities
- Prepare, sign, seal and submit engineering plans and drawings to public authorities.
- Review and validate plans and drawings from external vendors.
- At least 3 years of wireless telecommunications experience
- At least 5 years of fiber optic broadband or CATV HFC Experience
- Current Professional Engineers license in Ohio or available reciprocity to Ohio
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- BICSI RCDD or ISBE SCTE-IIPEP certification
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after one year of employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.