Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking an expert Network Quality Engineer to join our growing team. You will improve upon our fiber, wireless, routing, and IP transit assets for national backbone, regional backhaul, and last mile networks. Starry prides itself in innovating and controlling the entire customer experience of internet delivery to the end user, from the consumer friendly Starry Station Router, to our custom mm-wave networking equipment which delivers gigabit speeds over existing in-home cabling.
This position will be responsible for ensuring Starry’s network performance and service quality meets or exceeds expectations. You are a successful quality engineer with in-depth experience working with complex data networks from design to production operations and proven experience enhancing quality of service.
What you’ll do:
- Develop Network Deployment and Installation Quality standards
- Identify systemic quality issues and work with Deployment, Engineering and Subscriber Services to correct and meet quality standards
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Perform and document up to 10% of new site Quality Inspections in each market physically onsite
- Review ‘as builts’ and quality documentation for each new site
- Establish new network and deployment quality processes and documentation, implement and control the processes
- Build and maintain testing processes for network operations from design and config, to test and acceptance
- Partner with Engineering and Tier 3 during equipment qualification to ensure Network Quality standards and processes are maintained
- Work closely with the Network Ops Tier 2 and 3 teams to understand and identify areas where network quality can be improved
- Excellent experience network layer 1-3 protocols
- Strong experience with process and documentation creation and control
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to work from home in a quiet, dedicated space as well as travel to each Starry market for onsite inspections (75% travel)
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after one year of employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.