Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
The Buyer/Planner is responsible for Material Requirements Planning (MRP), purchase order generation, and the delivery schedule to ensure that all needed parts and materials are available to meet production requirements. The position will manage inventory levels, support implementation of engineering change orders, and interact with suppliers to drive optimal cost, quality and delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Generate, adjust and expedite purchase orders based on MRP
- Ensure components and materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost effective
- Support production team as required ensuring a continuous flow of material to support production requirements. Resolve any line-down issues including expediting material as needed
- Track root causes for on time delivery misses / stock-outs and suggest and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Communicate and coordinate delivery information with Manufacturing team
- Drive inventory reduction and minimize Purchase Price Variance (PPV) requests
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers to provide continuous year-over-year improvements in performance, including quality, delivery, cost, and collaboration, through the implementation of programs such as Vendor-Managed Inventory
- Purchase indirect materials and supplies as needed
- Generate MRP by converting off-system volume demand into ERP (NetSuite) Demand Planning
- Drive new product set up and MRP parameters as part of New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Produce a shortage report for all components to be reviewed with the Sourcing team
- Manage day to day maintenance around the Demand/Supply module within Netsuite
- Work continually to improve and enhance the forecasting and inventory planning processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, other related fields preferred
- 5+ years of purchasing and/or MRP experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience using MRP systems, NetSuite preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and problem solving, project management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to deliver results and make an immediate impact
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.