Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
As Starry’s Office Coordinator, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily operations. Working directly with the Office Manager, you will assist with daily activities at our Boston Headquarters. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self starter who has a particular attention to detail, is keen on multitasking, and likes to keep things clean and orderly. Normal working hours are from 8:00a - 5:00p, but flexibility is required for occasional events.
Who we’re looking for:
- Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
- Reliable: responsive, available, and present
- Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
- Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an agile company
- Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go; you know hustle
What you’ll do:
- Set up our new hires: arrange their seating space, outfit them in Starry gear, and get them situated with their hardware and with our Human Resources team
- Facilitate weekly catered meals
- Clean, stock and maintain general areas
- Greet visitors, offer refreshments, and alert appropriate co-workers of their arrival
- Work with building management to maintain employee access, enforce city and building safety regulations and coordinate use of freight elevator
- Assist with shipping and receiving logistics, including incoming mail and package deliveries
- Coordinate the ordering, storage, and distribution of safety gear and equipment for office, technicians, and vehicles; track these items with extra care and keep meticulous records
- Strategize about how to make the most of storage space resources and how to divide these between teams with competing interests
- Order and assemble office furniture, storage shelving, etc.
- Help coordinate both in-office and off-site events & gatherings
- 1-2 years of administrative, facilities or office experience, preference on exposure to a busy environment
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Having a positive and professional demeanor
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bonus Points If..
- Your prior work experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up
- You have an affinity for office botany
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You’re able to juggle rapid inquiries and requests with grace
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.