Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
As a Construction Manager supervising up to 8 crews, you will manage construction efforts of in-house and contract labor for new construction, maintenance, and rebuild projects: fiber/coax/Ethernet cables in-building applications as well as various aerial and rooftop applications to support Starry Internet services.
The responsibilities include ensuring the safety and quality of work performed, identifying and removing roadblocks in the field, ordering and tracking of construction materials in the warehouse, managing crews workload ensuring timely completion in both a safe and quality manner, and achieving budgeted financial objectives. The Construction Manager will also develop an effective front line Leadership team (Construction Leads) and assist them with developing their direct reports so as to drive a high performance culture and environment.
Candidate must be willing and able to work extended hours, rotational weekend coverage, and, on rare occasions, holidays, as needed, to support the build program and/or emergencies. The position also requires administering processes and policies as they relate to: safety, attendance, performance, work rules and our code of conduct
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years minimum experience in telecommunications construction management
- A history of building field construction teams from the ground up
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking and communicating progress and performance to a management team
- A proven track record of accountability and driving timely completion of quality projects
- A history of superior team building and leadership skills
- Ability to think creatively and progressively to both identify and implement changes to improve business results
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision-making skills - experience with Quality Assurance and Productivity Analysis of work managed
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must be able to regularly use ladders, hatches, steps, and other means to gain access to roofs on multiple story buildings
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly and as required
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- You have prior experience holding yourself and your teams accountable for results and experience tracking and analyzing individual technician’s performance
- You hold PMP certification
- You have demonstrated excellent organizational / prioritizing skills, integrity and sound
- You have knowledge of installation and maintenance on copper or fiber technology
- You have experience in reading and interpreting engineering / construction designs
- You have knowledge of Safety Compliance Plans/OSHA
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.