Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
Starry is seeking a Senior Director of Field Marketing to oversee all our local field marketing teams. In this position, you will drive the success of our brand by building and scaling Starry’s field marketing and branding efforts. Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for the approach to field marketing across all our cities from budget to execution to team management.
- Lead and grow Starry’s field subscriber sales & marketing from subscriber acquisition programs, field programs, ambassador programs to local events and marketing partnerships across all our markets
- Lead planning and execution for driving to quarterly/annual business goals
- Drive accountability with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Oversee and optimize local marketing programs with focus on measurable performance
- Implement, test, and learn methodologies across all programs with teams
- Oversee brand integrity across local marketing channels, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (as expressed visually, verbally, tonally and behaviorally)
- Develop programs to efficiently acquire new customers/subscribers in all our cities through local channels and oversee the execution of local marketing activities from partnerships, grassroots marketing, to new media content and local influencer marketing
- Oversee management, reporting, and post-initiative communication for all local marketing efforts working with business operations and data teams
- Manage field marketing budget and hiring plan
- Ensure effective collaboration across marketing, sales and deployment teams
- BA or BS degree required
- 10+ years experience with field marketing, preferably across multiple regions
- Experience managing marketing teams with strong commitment to performance
- Strong understanding of acquisition marketing and demand gen
- Strong field and event marketing background
- Experience with data analytics and how to effectively apply learning to improve performance
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team, and partners
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous and flexible PTO
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.