Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Engineering Lab Manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for organizing and maintaining multiple lab spaces across the entire Engineering department! This will include developing, communicating and enforcing lab safety, organization and cleanliness policies to make R&D more efficient. Some of the specific goals of the position will be to better track inventory of our equipment, tools, materials, and components, maintain a stock of consumable items, facilitate lab/equipment training, and ensure all projects can be accommodated with sufficient space for development. Additionally you may be asked to assist in the setup and networking of testbeds used for engineering development.
What you’ll do:
- Organize and maintain laboratory space, equipment and benches
- Communicate and enforce lab safety, ESD, and cleanliness per company guidelines
- Inventory, track and order laboratory supplies, tools and equipment
- Manage all common lab stocks and maintain inventory lists
- Coordinate ordering, shipping and delivery requests for teams
- Assist with use of lab equipment, and facilitate training
- Propose changes in the laboratory to provide a more efficient operation
- Coordinate preventative maintenance, repairs, and calibration
- Assist with the setup and maintenance of test beds for project teams
- Assist project teams with PCBA-level reworks
- Experience managing an engineering lab, or working in a engineering lab setting
- Proven knowledge of inventory control standards
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Science
- Experience with one or more of the following: RF lab equipment and components, computer networking equipment, soldering, Linux
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: RF theory and concepts, computer networking, signal processing, RF measurements, electric circuits
- Military Experience
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.