Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to work with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with some incredibly talented people.
As Starry’s Columbus Office Manager, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily operations. Working directly with the Senior Director, Technical Operations, you will assist with the daily activities of the office and warehouse. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self starter who has a particular attention to detail, is keen on multitasking, and likes to keep things clean and orderly. This is a full-time position with normal working hours of 8:30a - 5:30p. Flexibility is occasionally required for company or client events.
Who we’re looking for:
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
Reliable: responsive, available, and present
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go; you know hustle
What you’ll do:
- Maintain overall cleanliness of office throughout the day including cleaning conference rooms, wiping down counters and managing dishwashers, microwaves and coffee makers
- Set up our new hires: arrange their seating space, outfit them in Starry gear, and get them situated with their hardware and with our corporate Human Resources
- Greet visitors, offer refreshments, and alert appropriate colleagues of their arrival
- Coordinate and facilitate catering for weekly lunches and other company functions
- Maintain inventory for kitchen, supply cabinets, and print areas
- Work with the building Superintendent to maintain and enforce city and building safety regulations (i.e. fire codes, evacuation plans, etc.)
- Assist as needed with shipping and receiving logistics, including incoming mail and packages
- Work with building management and external vendors to provide facilities services and installations
- Coordinate the ordering, storage, and distribution of safety gear and equipment for office, technicians, and vehicles; track these items with extra care and keep meticulous records
- Various administrative tasks such as local fleet management
- Work with HR and managers to schedule and execute safety trainings
- Strategize about how to make the most of storage space resources and how to divide these between teams with competing interests
- Order and assemble office furniture and storage shelving, etc.
- Assist with various recruiting efforts such as references and interview scheduling
- Help coordinate both in-office and off-site events & gatherings
- Occasionally assist with booking travel for visitors
- Special projects as necessary
- 3-5 years of facilities and office management experience in a very busy office
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bonus Points If..
- Your prior experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up
- You’re experienced in office moves
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.