Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the Internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the Internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the Internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the Systems Integration and Validation (SIV) Team:
About the WiFi-CPE Validation Team:
The WiFi- CPE Validation team plays a key role in the development of Starry’s technology.
The Wi-Fi validation team is involved in the design of each new feature in our products. We participate in each sprint with Firmware, Product Delivery, and other engineering teams. We develop automated regression tests that run against nightly and milestone releases of our system software. We design and create an automated end to end testbeds to validate product requirements during the prototype and development stages. We leverage our expertise to investigate critical Wi-Fi performance issues and optimization system’s performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, and extend custom test frameworks and testbeds
- Develop automated scripts in Python to continually improve testing capabilities
- Write software that interfaces with Starry hardware, both as a complete system and in test harnesses
- Evaluate product, feature specifications, and requirements
- Develop and implement network enhancements and provide improvement recommendations
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load, and throughput
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love of learning
- Bachelor's degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, equivalent experience, or a strong open-source portfolio
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ax, 3G/4G/5G wireless communications standards, and protocols
- Experience with Wi-Fi functional, performance, or stability testing
- Understanding of computer networking concepts, particularly at layers 2, 3, and 4
- Experience with RF systems concepts and related test equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer)
- Proficiency in Python, Networking, Bash, and Linux
- Experience developing for embedded platforms
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.