Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
As Director of Columbus Sales, you will launch and manage the market entry process and develop a sales plan for Columbus, Ohio. This role will be responsible for hiring local sales staff and achieving sales targets. You will mentor the team to form best practices around prospecting, building the pipeline, and closing the sale.
As Director, you will manage two critical sales functions. The largest component will be the subscriber sales team which will focus on field marketing and acquiring subscribers across Columbus (including single family homes). This role will also manage a small enterprise sales team responsible for breaking into new Multiple Dwelling Units (MDUs) to provide Starry Internet.
Sales growth and profitability:
- Assist the SVP of Sales and COO in the development of the annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives
- Responsible for the sales team’s execution of strategies, practices, and policies
- Secure new business in accordance with company targets
- Partner with leadership to develop effective field budgets and territory design
- Organize and drive outreach efforts with real estate developers, facility managers, and property owner organizations
- Review and communicate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales strategies focused on expanding and identifying areas of opportunity that need addressed
- Create strategies to maximize Salesforce CRM effectiveness across the the sales team
- Leverage website leads to maximize conversion to new accounts and orders
- Partner with national team and other Starry markets to drive best practices in training, process, and sales strategy
- Speak at events and conferences about company’s brand and services
- Build, develop, and manage sales team capable of delivering our sales and service initiatives
- Expertly evaluate sales competencies when interviewing candidates
- Review the activity levels of the field sales teams to ensure best practices and expectations are being set, through sales meetings or one on ones
- Lead development of effective compensation plans that drive goal attainment
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of sales leadership and sales related experience
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience within the real estate industry is a bonus
- Experience working in the Columbus Ohio market is a bonus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.