Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the Internet Firmware Validation Team:
The Internet Firmware Validation team plays a key role in the development of Starry’s technology.
Internet Firmware Validation engineers are involved in the design of each new feature in our products. We participate in each sprint with Firmware, Product Delivery, and other engineering teams. We develop automated regression tests that run against nightly and milestone releases of our system software. Additionally, we leverage our expertise with the product to support engineering, manufacturing, and deployment.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and expand the Linux-based internal test network, leveraging a thorough understanding of networking concepts particularly at layers 2, 3, and 4
- Strike a balance between supporting hyper-specific, quickly changing requirements of individual test systems and efficient management of hundreds of such systems while maintaining best practices
- Design, develop, and extend custom test frameworks and test beds
- Write software that interfaces with Starry hardware, both as a complete system and in test harnesses
- Develop software and services that improve efficiency for other validation engineers, in all roles described above
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love of learning
- Bachelor's degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, equivalent experience, or a strong open-source portfolio
- Proficiency with Python and Bash
- Experience in Linux system administration, esp. using tools such as Ansible, systemd, and SELinux
- Understanding of the Linux networking stack
- Experience in the natural sciences and experimental methodology
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ax, 3G/4G/5G wireless communications standards and protocols
- Experience with Wi-Fi functional, performance or stability testing
- Experience with RF systems concepts and related test equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzers)
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.