Starry is a rapidly growing wireless internet service provider located in the heart of Boston's Downtown Crossing. Our proprietary mmWave delivery system is designed and engineered here in our Boston HQ. At Starry, you will have hands on experience in the fields of RF engineering, hardware architecture, system software, firmware, UX, UI, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. You won't be an admin that fetches coffee at our company! We offer onsite bicycle storage, an onsite gym, complimentary cold brew coffee, complimentary breakfast on Mondays, and more. We can't wait to show you what we've been working on!
Position Overview: You will be working alongside a senior iOS developer expanding and maintaining the Starry WiFi Station iOS application. The application is being expanded with many additional features and UI components. You will be working across the entire application from the persistence and networking layer to view layouts, animation, advanced UI interactions, and more.
- Tools Used: Swift, UIKit, Core Data, and other common iOS tools. Git and Github, among others.
- Skills: You should have experience with iOS mobile development and have taken a course or have knowledge equivalent to basic iOS development concepts as taught in a course like Stanford's CS 193P. You must have a strong background in Computer Science fundamentals and object oriented programming.
- Environment: You should be interested in a fast paced, fun, and collaborative startup environment. This position will allow you to ship code and features to a live iOS application and prepare them for future software development on mobile platforms and beyond.
- Flexibility, Adaptability: We are a startup and that means that whatever tasks are at hand are the ones that need to be done, sometimes outside our native discipline.
- Eagerness: This is a small enterprise packed with intelligent, motivated people - the opportunities to learn both in iOS and also in parallel areas - Firmware, QA, Product Development, etc. are immense. Your potential is not limited by any job description, but only by your desire to expand your horizons!
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.