Starry is a rapidly growing wireless internet service provider located in the heart of Boston's Downtown Crossing. Our proprietary mmWave delivery system is designed and engineered here in our Boston HQ. Our ultra-fast 200 Mpbs wireless internet service is available in Boston, LA, DC, NYC, and Denver. At Starry, you will have hands on experience in the fields of RF engineering, hardware architecture, system software, firmware, UX, UI, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. You won't be an admin that fetches coffee at our company! We offer onsite bicycle storage, an onsite gym, complimentary cold brew coffee, complimentary breakfast on Mondays, and more. We can't wait to show you what we've been working on!
Position Overview: This is a great co-op for someone who is interested in Analog circuits, RF, and Wireless Communication Systems. This role will be highly design intensive. As a member of the R&D team you will have the opportunity to do the following.
- Design RF circuit boards using Altium
- Use RF simulators to design RF sub circuits like filters, antennas, amplifiers, mixers
- Test and debug your designs using state of the art RF test equipment
- Work on RF system architecture
- Learn about wireless communications
- Be part of important design decisions
- Make meaningful contributions to Starry's radio designs and get the opportunity to see your work be used by customers
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.