Starry is a rapidly growing wireless internet service provider located in the heart of Boston's Downtown Crossing. Our proprietary mmWave delivery system is designed and engineered here in our Boston HQ and our ultra-fast 200 Mpbs wireless internet service is available in Boston metro, LA, DC, NYC, and Denver. At Starry, you will have hands on experience in the fields of RF engineering, hardware architecture, system software, firmware, UX, UI, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. You won't be an admin that fetches coffee at our company! We offer onsite bicycle storage, an onsite gym, complimentary cold brew coffee, complimentary breakfast on Mondays, and more. We can't wait to show you what we've been working on!
Students applying for this role should have a design portfolio linked to their resume or application.
Position Overview: This role will support design, assembly, and test activities in an environment that encourages personal growth in a context of expanding company capabilities and challenges. Starry is working on communications equipment (some consumer but mainly capital equipment) where there is a great blend of electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. The role will be design intensive with plenty of learning opportunities.
- Solidworks: Students should have a solid working knowledge of the program. We're looking for someone who can start to add value - at least on relatively simple models and assemblies - on day one.
- Drawings: Integral to Solidworks, but its own category as it is a critical component of our needs. Candidate should have at least some prior experience with drawings. A basic understanding of tolerance stackup and analysis is also desirable.
- Fabrication: Students should have familiarity with fabrication methodologies such as machining, casting and sheet metal forming along with general material properties. Also, previous experience with design for in-house 3-D printing is a plus. Must have the ability to support fabrication and assembly of parts, in labs and in the field.
- Flexibility, Adaptability: We are a startup and that means that whatever tasks are at hand are the ones that need to be done, sometimes outside our native discipline.
- Eagerness: This is a small enterprise packed with intelligent, motivated people - the opportunities to learn both in ME execution and also in parallel areas - Firmware, Software, EE, Product Development, Marketing, etc. are immense. Hopefully, a successful coop will be eager to soak it all up.