Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Manager for our New York City market. You’ll be acquiring new subscribers through local marketing channels as well as marketing to our existing subscriber base. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing in New York, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the adoption of Starry Internet throughout New York City. Our ideal candidate is a positive self-starter who is confident, creative and well spoken.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
What you’ll do:
- Manage the strategy and execution of the acquisition marketing program for the New York market
- Optimize hyper-local marketing programs with a focus on measurable performance
- Define objective and messaging for field marketing events, and see events through from inception to execution
- Effectively communicate brand messaging to consumers, property managers, and stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and external vendors to achieve acquisition results
- Analyze and report on all marketing activity to assess effectiveness and implement best practices
- Research and manage local partnerships that will drive new subscribers and brand recognition
- Manage relationships with local publications, press and agencies
- Travel throughout the market and be available to work some night and weekend events
- BA or BS degree required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in sales or event marketing
- Performance oriented field and/or local marketing background
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Experience with a high growth startup
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.