Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for a RF/Microwave System Design Engineer who wants to help us redefine how users access the internet. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our consumer facing products and services. Our ideal candidate is whip-smart, a self-starter, and passionate about technology. You enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Mechanical, Software, and Design, to ensure communications meet business objectives. You enjoy going in the lab and making hardware work. Reporting to the Director of RF Hardware Design, this position is located in downtown Boston.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, simulate and test RF circuits from 0.1 to GHz to 60 GHz on microstrip using linear and non-linear circuit simulators such as ADS, Genesys, using packaged ICs
- RF Transceiver and Subsystem design
- Cascaded signal chain analysis, bias circuit design
- Build and test prototypes and carry through to production units
- Create test plans and drive Design Verification Testing
- Collaborate with firmware and software engineers, provide prototype code for test
- Some programming of test instrumentation
- Field work validating system performance
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- 5 years of experience working with RF measurements and Design of RF/Microwave Components
- Linear and Non-Linear RF Circuit analysis
- Experience with Altium required
- Some 2.5D or 3D simulation background for circuit boards
- Vector network analyzer, spectrum/signal analyzer, oscilloscopes
- Python for testing and analysis
- Basic soldering and surface mount assembly ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to go in the lab and make things work
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.