Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the head of Hardware Development, you will become the technical and administrative lead for the mmWave Hardware design team. Your responsibilities will include architecture, RF system design, antenna design, board level circuit design, calibration, compensation algorithms, verification and qualification testing for Starry's mmWave radios.
Our ideal candidate will be leveraging their product development experience for consumer, low cost RF Hardware design: AESAs, synthesizer/PLLs, up/downconverters, filters, board level power, RFIC design, unit test, and test software to enable networking for Starry’s Internet Service. You will coach and nurture novice to senior level engineers in order to achieve both personnel and company goals. You will excel through guiding by example and close mentorship.
Who we're looking for:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required
- 7+ years of experience in radio/antenna products in high volume consumer electronics or automotive industry
- At least 1 year experience as a team lead or manager
- You have a solid understanding of WiFi 5 and WiFi 6 (802.11ac / 802.11ax)
- You are an expert at mmWave design, transceiver design, and proficient in antenna design
- Your hands-on leadership has resulted in timely product launches
- You enjoy digging into murky system/software/hardware issues
- You are passionate about inexpensive & simple electronics
Bonus points if..
- You enjoy debugging system level technical issues
- You enjoy interfacing your RF technology with software based systems
- You have designed some RF Integrated Circuits
- You enjoy occasional field work
- You love automating tasks, especially test equipment using Python
- You have very fond feelings towards Linux
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.