Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to Starry’s Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, team management and performance of all growth marketing and subscriber acquisition efforts across our organization. Your ultimate aim will be to create a growth machine - a predictable, high-volume stream of new and profitable Starry customers.
Your focus will be on building the strategy and planning our subscriber acquisition platform. Focusing on analytical work, with a laser-focus on ROI. Our ideal candidate will have led these efforts previously and will be comfortable building and scaling our growth strategy. You have great communication skills and value working autonomously but collaboratively across product, marketing, creative, engineering, and sales. And finally, you’ll care about segments and cohorts because you know that different consumers will respond to different messages.
- Lead and execute on Starry’s growth and subscriber acquisition strategy in new and existing markets
- Partner with SVP of Sales to grow the subscriber opportunity for the business
- Oversee and manage the centralized growth/acquisition teams responsible for all digital marketing channels (SEM, SEO, CRO, paid/organic social, affiliate, influencer) and offline planning (direct mail, print, OOH) as well as oversee Market field sales and marketing teams and programs
- Lead central marketing, creative and social marketing teams
- Relentlessly innovate, improve, and build successful customer acquisition strategies across both B2B and B2C businesses, with a focus on B2C
- Run acquisition budget and growth forecast for the business based on marketing spend, transactions, SAC, revenue, and LTV
- Implement a test and learn methodology and best practices with teams
- Stay current with advances in online marketing, new channels, and technologies in order to drive new growth
- Oversee brand integrity across channel and platform, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (visually, verbally, tonally, and behaviorally) as well as present Starry’s core value proposition
- Curate and leverage positioning and messaging that differentiates Starry to targeted segments and personas
- Direct the architecture, design, and implementation of marketing data sets and API tooling from various data sources (ie. MongoDB, AdWords, Facebook, Salesforce)
- Work with Engineering team to develop ETL processes for consistent extraction and storage of marketing dependent data (ie. website events, form submissions, Salesforce lead activities, and spend & marketing performance from 3rd party advertising platforms)
- Ideate and execute rigorous A/B testing to achieve consistent optimization and improvement in marketing campaign performance
- Drive innovation in process, automation, and scalability of Starry’s marketing programs
Who you are:
- Extensive experience in creating innovative customer acquisition strategies and execution for rapidly growing companies
- Proven track record of building B2C acquisition programs
- Advanced skills in CPA, SAC, and ROI modeling with a demonstrated history of driving profitable results at scale
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics and to effectively apply learning in real-time to improve performance
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leaders and executive management, both written and verbally
- Previously managed and influenced multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
- Proficiency with Analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Looker) and/or CRMs
- Experience in building and leading robust strategies across multiple channels including but not limited to SEO/SEM, display and remarketing, social media, mobile, and affiliate programs for multiple audiences in a fast paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills or experience with statistical analysis tools such as SQL, R, or Python a bonus
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills, with a willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration or appropriately related field, MBA a bonus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.