Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who were looking for:
The Operations Specialist, Supply Chain is responsible for working with the Supply Chain Team and key stakeholders to assist with the management of the end-to-end supply chain for our nationwide deployment operations. This includes purchasing externally sourced equipment with a focus on inventory optimization, cost reductions, and ensuring on-time delivery of assigned commodities.
They will also be responsible for working with Starry Field Operations to facilitate reverse logistics from Starry markets to their original equipment manufacturers or distributors. This role will involve varying levels of planning, process development and implementation, and proper control of materials as they are shipped to warehouse locations as well as back to equipment providers or 3rd parties for repair, replacement or disposal/recycling.
What you’ll be doing:
- Purchase equipment, parts, accessories and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets to meet company objectives and inventory targets.
- Expedite delivery of goods from vendors on an as needed basis.
- Process Purchase Order Receipts including resolution of discrepancies.
- Identify best sources for goods and services through issuance of RFQs/RFPs and then evaluating vendors on the basis of total cost of ownership; cost, quality, delivery and service.
- Participate in supplier selection, qualification and evaluation for new and current suppliers. Drive cost reductions through vendor negotiation and the identification of alternative sources of supply.
- Seek out and identify opportunities for value creation including cost savings, cost avoidance and inventory reduction.
- Support deployment operations to ensure orders have been processed successfully in Starry’s ERP/EDI System.
- Track, oversee, and mitigate demand risks by collaborating with deployment teams, logistics, Project Managers and Engineering teams to ensure best practices and greatest leverage in supply chain management, procurement, low cost region sourcing, and order fulfillment.
- Monitor and manage requests from deployment operations to ensure that the supply schedule is not impacted, and demand is within the expected parameters.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of equipment returns and reverse logistics from all of Starry’s U.S. Market Warehouses to vendors, distributors and other 3rd parties for assigned commodities.
- Establish relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers and their distributors to define the returns process for vendor equipment, obtaining a Return Material Authorization (RMA), managing the reverse logistics of materials back to the supplier, and completing the required transactions in Starry’s ERP system.
- Work with Deployment Operations to build the processes and systems to properly capture equipment issues for all field returns and facilitate the closure and resolution of those issues via corrective and preventive actions developed by equipment vendors and manufacturers.
- Prepare monthly reports summarizing current inventory levels of returned equipment, status of equipment out for repair/replacement and other key KPIs as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- 2-5 years relevant operations experience within supply chain, planning or logistics
- Must have hands-on experience working with an ERP System. NetSuite user experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of supply chain fundamentals, operations, finance & inventory management
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally and attention to detail
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory planning procedures and policies
- Be open and flexible to changes and make constructive suggestions for improvement
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced and demanding environment
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.