Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the Systems Integration and Validation (SIV) Group:
The SIV group plays a key role in the development of Starry’s technology.
- Software feature validation and regression testing: SIV engineers are involved in the design of each new feature in our products. We participate in each sprint with Software, Firmware, and other engineering teams. We develop automated regression tests that run against nightly and milestone releases of our system software. We are responsible for releasing upgrades to the field and providing engineering level support throughout the process. The position you are applying for is managing the team that performs these functions for Starry's Internet Radio products.
- Other teams within SIV are also involved with validation/verification system development and system performance optimization. SIV teams are highly interdisciplinary and not siloed at all. We work extensively with each other and with the other teams at Starry to achieve amazing results.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive engagement amongst engineers to ship timely, high-quality releases.
- Design, develop, execute and automate feature-level and system-level tests.
- Review and contribute to product and firmware specifications.
- Create test plans and obtain buy-in from interested parties.
- Validate individual features meet requirements.
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load and throughput.
- Develop and improve automation suites and test harnesses.
- Communicate test details, result summaries and status of releases.
- Manage a team of at least two other engineers also performing the roles above.
- Foster the career development of your team.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of embedded systems and networking concepts, preferably from experience in developing these technologies.
- Proficiency with Linux, Python, networking, and bash.
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience leading a team or demonstrated readiness to do so.
- Understanding of wireless communications protocols, e.g. 802.11ac/ax (Wi-Fi).
- Familiarity with electronics labs and test equipment.
- Knowledge of languages such as C, C++, Rust.
- Experience with RF systems and concepts.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.