Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for an experienced Dispatcher to join the Los Angeles team. The Dispatcher will be responsible for helping to manage all aspects of the customer installations and service repair calendar. This person will have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, startup environment. The Dispatcher is also extremely process oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
What you’ll do:
- Monitor calendars and proactively reach out to customers when scheduling conflicts arise
- Help ensure adequate staffing to meet appointment demand, and that each job is assigned in a way that ensures maximum efficiency for our Installer
- Serve as first point of contact for all Internet Installers when scheduling issues arise or follow up appointments are required
- Ensure Internet Installers know which equipment they will need for their installation appointments and that all building access and other information is up-to-date and accessible
- Ensure new employees are properly onboarded with Starry equipment and uniforms/gear
- Work closely with the Director of Customer Care to ensure customer communication expectations are met and the support team is aware of any customer issues at the end of every appointment
- Assist in reporting on field metrics like timeliness, amount of rescheduled appointments, and CSAT data
- Help upgrade Starry Stations
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years prior experience working as a dispatcher managing a field team, an operations coordinator, or in customer service
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.