Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
As a Starry Construction Technician, you’ll work with construction efforts of in-house installation construction, maintenance and rebuild projects: fiber/ethernet cable in-building applications as well as various aerial and rooftop applications to support Starry Internet services. Your responsibilities will include Installation of Starry Network equipment at users locations ensuring the safety and quality of work performed, ensuring timely completion in both a safe and quality manner. Positive attitude and able to work in a team to achieve installation goals.
- Graduate of HS; some technical training
- 1-2 years installation experience
- Knowledge of IT cables, ethernet or fiber installations, and terminations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Assistance in warehouse maintenance and inventory
- Able to follow set standards for power/grounding and cable connections
- History of working as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Prior experience holding yourself accountable for a proper installation
- Maintain assigned resources and tools
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Background check may be required
Bonus points if..
- You are a former customer facing telecommunications technician
- You have knowledge of installation and maintenance on copper or fiber technology
- You’re experienced in reading and interpreting engineering / construction design
- You have knowledge of Safety Compliance Plans / OSHA
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.