Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will excel in helping to redefine how users access the internet. You will act as the face of Starry Internet Services to building owners, as you’re responsible for providing an outstanding customer experience while driving the deployment of the Starry internet network. You will be responsible for defining and managing special projects with a high degree of autonomy, including managing stakeholder expectations and gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company. Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and project management skills, a passion for customer service, is a self-motivated problem solver, and has proven success in customer facing roles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide an exceptional onboarding experience for building owners
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Build out and manage project management team
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Business Development among others
- Manage special projects, many with a high degree of ambiguity at the start, with a high level of autonomy, including assistance with the scope, design, and implementation process
- Develop and maintain project schedules, Statements of Work, Bills of Materials, costs, and calendars with the input and assistance of your co-workers
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Deliver regular project status reporting to provide a high degree of transparency on schedules and risks
- Lead process improvement initiatives within the Deployment Team to help improve scale and reduce costs
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams to initiate process improvements and ensure cross-functional alignment
- Interface with external stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations as needed
- Work closely with the Starry networking and quality assurance teams to provide hands on assistance and help distill processes
Experience and Education Required:
BA/BS with analytical, quantitative, business, or technical focus
5-7 years of relevant experience (PMP preferred)
You’re comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
Ability to work independently and proactively
Passion for customer service and proven success in a customer-facing role
Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
Outstanding teamwork and flexibility
Ability to successfully manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Telecommunications or networking experience preferred
Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, permitting, vendor equipment requirements, antennas and grounding preferred
Real passion for Starry’s business
Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Catered meals on a weekly basis
Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.