Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the Internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the Systems Integration and Validation (SIV) Team:
The Systems Integration and Validation team plays a key role in the development of Starry’s technology. SIV Engineers provide three main functions:
- Software feature validation and regression testing: SIV engineers are involved in the design of each new feature in our products. We participate in each sprint with Software, Firmware, and other engineering teams. We develop automated regression tests that run against nightly and milestone releases of our system software.
- Full system validation and verification tester development: SIV engineers design and create automated testers to validate system requirements during the prototype and development stages. We also design and create test automated testers to verify functionality of each unit at manufacturing time. This work involves understanding the operation of the complete system in order to be able to configure and analyze all parameters and execute usage scenarios.
- System performance optimization and issue investigation: SIV engineers leverage expertise in software, networking, electronics, and communications systems to investigate critical performance and functional issues. This work draws on the strengths of the entire SIV team and has produced many significant enhancements to our products.
What you’ll do:
- Write software to validate product requirements.
- Design, develop, and execute automated test cases.
- Evaluate product and feature specifications and requirements.
- Quantify system reliability, scalability, load and throughput.
- Design, develop, and extend custom SW test frameworks and test beds.
- Develop automation wrappers for off the shelf test equipment.
- Creatively leverage devices such as Raspberry Pi’s, NUC’s to solve problems.
- Refine software testing methodologies and quality standards.
- Communicate test details, result summaries, and status of releases.
Bonus points if..
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related discipline
- 3-5 years (or more) in Systems Integration/Validation roles or similar (e.g. Development, QA)
- Proficiency with Python, Networking, Wifi, Bash, Linux
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
Double points if..
- Experience with wireless communications protocols and analysis via Wireshark or equivalent
- Experience with C/C++ or Rust
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ax, 3G/4G/5G wireless communications standards and protocols
- Experience with electronics and related test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope)
- Experience with RF systems concepts and related test equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer)
- Inclination to tinker with electronics, e.g. Raspberry PI, custom Android ROMs, etc.
Starry works hard, so we take care of each other and enjoy ourselves along the way. Check out some of the benefits you’ll enjoy if you join the team:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals every week
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.