Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide; we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on our unique consumer facing products. As an individual contributor, the candidate will take ownership of mechanical designs through the entire product life-cycle – concept, feasibility studies and tradeoff, engineering development, verification testing, new product introduction, production through end of life. The challenge will be applying mechanical principles in an innovative manner to meet RF electrical performance requirements. Candidate should be proficient using 3-D Solid Modeling software (Solidworks) and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices.
What you'll do:
- Engineering, design and documentation of electronic packaging for consumer and infrastructure products
- Collaborating with Senior Engineers on highly complex RF projects
- Creating 3-D CAD modeling, layouts, PCB outline drawings and detail/assembly drawing creation
- Building and testing prototypes which carry through to production units
- Support product development teams from concept through production phases
- Responsible for basic structural and thermal analysis, material and finish selection, with a desire to focus on analysis and design interaction.
- Sourcing and procuring custom fabricated products
- Design and Environmental verification test plan development
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and 1-2+ years of experience
- Mandarin Fluency required
- Prior experience machining, plastic injection molding, sheet metal, casting, rack, PCB fabrication and backplane/daughter PCB mechanical design.
- Basic cable design knowledge
- Basic Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ANSI Y14.5M including general understanding of tolerance build up and manufacturability
- Experience with EMI, thermal, vibration and shock environments and design concepts as they relate to electronic packaging design
- Proficient with Solidworks
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work on engineering projects in multi-discipline team environment
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered breakfast every Monday
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.