Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking a detail-oriented Solutions Engineer for Network Deployment. In this position, you will support the Network Deployment Team by performing site walks to determine the appropriate system design for customer properties, and articulating the same in the form of detailed design documents and specifications for Starry Construction Managers and our network of third-party contractors to follow. A typical day can sometimes be physically demanding, but our ideal candidate is willing to participate in field deployments that are often off-site and at times off-hours.
We welcome candidates in the New York Metropolitan areas. This position reports to Secaucus, NJ with up to 40-60% of time in the field at New York City locations.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Establish and maintain a deep understanding of the overall Starry technology portfolio
- Provide the initial technical product overview to new customer accounts, and assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to customers
- Identify technical requirements, then design and implement Starry’s system to fit the customer’s property
- Lead pre-sales design activities, including site walks, to determine a customer-approved location for Starry system hardware and cabling, and to determine how existing wiring in the building may be incorporated into the design plan
- Provide expert guidance on Starry system design concepts, including physical network design and key RF considerations
- Strong competency in generating solution documentation for both internal stakeholders and clients: often in the form of network implementation plans, physical network designs, slides, documents, and spreadsheets
- Ensure the feasibility of your proposed solution with our Deployment and Engineering teams
- Track, prioritize, and manage all technical activities and milestones from pre-sale to customer-ready
- You’ll be the primary point of contact to resolve technical design issues from customers (internal and external) during and after installations
- Provide hands-on management of the most complex projects: leading by personally taking on any difficult problems
- Beyond day-to-day responsibilities, you'll also develop creative approaches to keep operational costs low and improve the efficiency of our approach to infrastructure deployment
Experience and Education Required:
- BS in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years in a technical solutions role
- Experience with high-tech products and solutions-based sales methods
- Established organizational and time management skills and regimen
- Experience in the development and implementation of one or more of the following: data and IP services (VoIP, MPLS, VPN, Internet, data center deployments) or managed network services (LAN, WAN, WLAN)
- Experience with networking and routing - CCNP or equivalent experience a plus
- Our ideal candidate will have a strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency; you’ll ensure work is completed within expected timelines
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding goals is desired
- You’ll be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication skills
- Real passion for Starry’s business
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.