Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a results-driven, transactional individual who can develop and drive business development projects from concept stage to conclusion. A successful candidate will be able to draw on internal and external resources to rapidly identify and develop partnership opportunities with affiliates that provide services to the multifamily real estate industry. This role focuses on analysis, outreach, and execution, with the ideal candidate successfully and effectively executing on initiatives and developing systems and processes with supporting documentation. Working closely with Starry leadership, this position will have cross-functional exposure within our rapidly expanding organization.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to national growth projects as directed by the business development leadership team
- Analyze market, industry, regulatory and technology trends, and incorporate them into an approach to partnering with trusted partners and influencers of multifamily real estate portfolio owners and managers in order to extend Starry’s capabilities and business performance
- Evaluate opportunities and prioritize high-value projects and initiatives
- Drive new market growth strategies by contacting potential affiliates, developing partnership structures, executing on initiatives, and managing relationships with affiliate partners
- Collaborate with leadership team and colleagues for research on contextual information to assist in better understanding prospects and markets
- Standardize and centralize documentation and reporting of progress
- Expand internal comprehensive market and competitive intelligence capability
- Report on new technologies that could complement Starry adoption
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience in sales and/or business development
- Strong skillset in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with networking technology and the multifamily real estate industry a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.