Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for an Associate Project Manager to join the network deployment team. You will support the project management team in providing an outstanding customer experience while driving the deployment of the Starry internet network to residential buildings. You will also be responsible for gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company, as well as timely and high-quality reporting and communication. Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and project management skills, a passion for customer service, is a self-motivated problem solver, and experience in customer facing roles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide an exceptional onboarding experience for building owners
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Develop and maintain project schedules, Statements of Work, Bills of Materials, costs, and calendars with the input and assistance of technical leads
- Review construction bids and drawings for accuracy
- Deliver regular project status reporting to provide a high degree of transparency on schedules and risks
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams to initiate process improvements and ensure cross-functional alignment
- Provide administrative support as required
Experience and Education Required:
- BA/BS with analytical, quantitative, business, or technical focus
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, permitting, vendor equipment requirements, antennas and grounding preferred
- Experience in the deployment and implementation of managed wireless network service (WLAN, DAS) preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Passion for customer service
- Outstanding teamwork and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Ability to successfully manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Experience with Google Suite, JIRA, and Looker a bonus
- Real passion for Starry’s business
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.