Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
You will help plan, acquire, build, and launch the Starry network throughout the US. You will be responsible for aspects of the fiber network including design, construction, installation, site turn up, and site growth. You will work closely with our RF Planning, GIS, Marketing, Network, and Deployment teams to design network solutions, acquire, and deliver the necessary fiber assets or lit services to help build the Starry network. Our ideal candidate will be able to successfully design and deliver fiber networks as part of a fast developing network strategy and buildout nationally and regionally.
You will set up process structures and methods to manage the procurement of fiber assets on an ambitious schedule, from survey to vendor selection and final delivery. You will leverage established playbooks and also create new ones. You will work to build relationships which will allow you to have your finger on the pulse of Starry’s culture and values and be able to propagate the same.
- BA/BS degree in a related field, with equivalent practical experience
- 8-10 years of experience leading multiple concurrent and highly visible projects, and also delivering successful fiber based networks
- Industry experience with network/fiber service providers in OSP/ISP
- Knowledge of datacenter, telco fiber/lit services (ordering and installation): colocation, rack and power (AC and DC), fiber, ethernet, and permitting
- Proven ability to design scalable networks in a fast growth environment
- Strong network design capability as it pertains to metro and long-haul fiber networks, CWDM, DWDM with protection, redundancy and diversity, and Optical Power Budgeting
- Experienced in fiber qualification, OTDR, PMD, CD testing and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple vendors on very aggressive timelines to deliver to issued FOC dates
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills, as well as extraordinary ability to multitask
- Experience managing, tracking, and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to Management Team
- Strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency - a proven track record of delivering ambitious deadlines on time and on budget
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision making skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
Bonus points if..
- You have extensive experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major carriers in the fiber backbone and metro/regional spaces
- You have experience in a fast growth, high volume, start-up environment
- You hold PMP certification
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.