Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our Materials Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring that the materials pipeline is properly supported across key stages of Starry’s product life cycle; from engineering prototypes to production launch at our manufacturing partners. You’ll work closely with the sourcing, logistics, finance, and manufacturing operations teams to ensure that material deliveries and inventories are in alignment with our overall production schedule. Our ideal candidate will also develop and execute against SOPs for reverse logistics for hardware repair and return-to-vendor processes.
What you’ll do:
- Develop business stakeholder relationships, providing your expertise and support in navigating materials management processes and procedures
- Actively identify, participate in and lead process improvement opportunities
- Complete daily inventory transactions including material receipts, transfers, and work orders in Starry’s NetSuite ERP system
- Manage material transfers, drop shipments, and sale/consignment of materials to contract manufacturers and vendors
- Work with Starry electronics and mechanical sourcing teams to ensure materials, parts and equipment are aligned with manufacturing production schedules
- Perform “what if” analyses and compile data in support of business/material decisions
- Prevent anticipated material shortages by monitoring shortage reports; work with sourcing teams to clear part shortages (i.e. expediting, material transfers, substitutions, etc.)
- Manage transactions and outbound shipments of hardware RMAs, both to and from Starry repair centers
- Coordinate and manage reverse logistics (RMAs and return to vendor) for various parts and equipment, working with equipment OEMs and distributors
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 3+ years of relevant operations experience within supply chain, material planning or logistics
- At least one year of hands-on experience working with an ERP System (NetSuite user experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of supply chain fundamentals, operations, finance & inventory management
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.