Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain a geospatial information system to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Design and maintain a PTP and PMP fixed wireless network from a GIS perspective
- Understand and clearly communicate RF designs
- Liaison with corporate GIS resources/teams
- Identification of valuable GIS data sources through exhaustive research - including address & property data.
- Development of geospatial processing tools (PostGIS, Python, QGIS).
- Proficiency in Google Earth, Excel, Google Sheets
- Familiarity with Siradel or other 3D geospatial data
- Experience designing and administering spatial databases
- Experience with migration of legacy datasets to a GIS environment
- Demonstrated interest in quantitative geographic analysis
- Ability to work with open source software (QGIS, GRASS, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- 2+ years of relevant GIS related professional experience
- Experience with optimization and least cost algorithmic solutions
- Familiarity with urban planning, land use permitting/zoning, property valuation
- Familiarity with demographic data sources (Census, American Housing Survey, American Community Survey, American FactFinder, TIGER)
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.