Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking an experienced and motivated Lead Hardware Validation Engineer to lead the team responsible for delivering industry leading WiFi Gateway Devices. These products are Wireless Access Point / Routers such as our award winning Starry Station, as well as upcoming next generation products and companion mobile applications. You will have a leadership role in all stages of the product development lifecycle: product definition, specification of requirements, design validation, verification of functionality, measurement of performance, and deployment to our USA operating markets. You will continuously probe the complete customer experience, interact with high-level support engineering staff in order to identify and remediate any and all issues that contribute to less-than-perfect customer satisfaction. You will work to ensure your team is challenged, happy, and growing.
What you’ll do:
- Lead system integration, validation and verification of WiFi Gateways and other consumer devices
- Collaborate with the team to design, implement, and execute automated testing systems
- Report issues for software development engineers along with the team, including reliable reproduction
- Perform ongoing maintenance of newly launched products in addition to legacy products, via testing and deployment of new software releases containing enhancements as required for improved functionality and security.
- Align with Product Engineering, WiFi Software Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Support to create outstanding, best in class services for consumer access
- Critically assess the readiness and suitability of new software releases, coordinate and plan their introduction to the deployed network, and lead the eventual deployment
- Evaluate third-party vendor software deliverables and devices and provide actionable reports leading to resolution of issues blocking internal development
- Be responsible for verification of our mobile applications for consumer WiFi devices and mobile services
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field
- You have a minimum of 7 years experience in System Integration and Validation of Networking products with at least 3 years at the Leader or Principal Level
- You have a thorough understanding of 802.11, Linux, Ethernet, and Internet Protocols
- You are expertly capable at bash scripting and Python programming for device and network configuration, data capture, and analysis.
- You work well in a small team, leading by example
- You have the leadership instincts and skills to be able to spot problems early and close gaps in what will appear to others to be effortless fashion. You are passionate about the Internet, networking, and technology in general
- You are intellectually curious, and are able to foster a productive environment for others who share your spirit
- Bonus points if you have previous experience leading a team responsible for validation of WIFi Gateway other Wireless Networking devices
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.