Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
You will help plan, acquire, build, and launch the Starry network throughout the United States. You will be responsible for aspects of the fiber network including design, construction, installation, site turn up, and site growth. You will work closely with the RF Planning, GIS, Marketing, Network, and Deployment teams to identify, acquire, and deliver the necessary fiber assets or lit services to help build the Starry network. Our ideal candidate will be able to successfully deliver fiber assets as part of a fast-developing network strategy and buildout nationally and regionally.
You will be responsible for setting up process structures and methods to manage the procurement of fiber assets on an aggressive schedule, from survey to vendor selection and final delivery. You will leverage established playbooks and also create new ones. Our ideal candidate will have their finger on the pulse of Starry’s culture and values and be able to propagate them.
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience
- 8-10 years experience in leading multiple concurrent and highly visible projects, and also delivering successful fiber based networks
- A history of working with network/fiber service providers in OSP/ISP
- Knowledge of datacenter, telco fiber/lit services (ordering and installation): colocation, rack and power (AC and DC), fiber, ethernet, and permitting
- Familiarity with network design as it pertains to metro and long-haul fiber networks, with protection, redundancy and diversity, and Optical Power Budgeting
- Experienced in fiber qualification, OTDR, PMD, CD testing and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple vendors on very aggressive timelines to deliver to issued FOC dates
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking, and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to Management Team
- Strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency - a proven track record of delivering aggressive deadlines on time and on budget
- Extraordinary ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision making skills
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Background check may be required
Bonus points if..
- You have extensive prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major carriers in the fiber backbone and metro/regional spaces
- You have experience in a fast growth, high volume, start-up environment
- You hold PMP certification
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.