Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
A passionate and self-driven individual who will both lead and support the Talent Acquisition team as we hire top talent in a rocket fast growth environment. As the head of TA, you will be responsible for finding, recruiting, hiring and retaining talented candidates across multiple US geographical areas. You'll be in charge of planning, developing and implementing an improved and productive Talent Acquisition strategy for our company. You will ensure we are utilizing the appropriate tools and resources. Our ideal candidate will have incredible coaching and developmental skills with an ability to assess workload capacity and drive better outcomes as a team.
What you’ll do:
- Create and orchestrate a roadmap for sourcing and closing cross-country top talent and run an effective and efficient recruiting process to deliver on Starry’s immediate and long-term hiring goals
- Lead, grow and support members of our very talented internal recruiting team
- Revamp and build internal processes on sourcing, screening, interviewing and hiring
- Partner with HR, Finance and other departments on business needs and our aggressive growth plans
- Generate, analyze and present reports on recruiting metrics
- Develop and maintain relationships with executives, hiring managers, external partners and vendors
- Work with Creative and Marketing teams to drive external employee branding efforts and company proposition
- Help foster Starry’s culture and core values across all of our offices through recruitment
- Ensure an impressive candidate experience from start to finish
- Build and expand upon an environment of collaboration and continued improvement
- 7-10 years experience leading and growing talent acquisition teams in a high growth environment
- Player/coach mentality; inherent ability to guide and lead a rapidly growing and geographically dispersed team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- In depth experience with applicant tracking systems and reporting functions
- Extensive knowledge of full-cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques
- Ability to work with numbers, metrics and trends to tell a compelling story and make recommendations
Bonus points if…
- You have experience with multiple modern Applicant Tracking Systems
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a passion for Starry
- You have experience in any of these industries: Technology, Communications, Telecom
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.