Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we're bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, you will drive engineering projects from inception to transfer to manufacturing or network operations. You will coordinate with all functional areas including RF engineering, mechanical, firmware, industrial design, systems integration testing, network engineering, cloud infrastructure and supply chain.
Collaborating with the Sr. Manager of Program Management, you will help project teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs.
- Drive software and hardware projects by planning, executing and maintaining project management processes in the areas of project timeline, resource management, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Lead project teams in either Waterfall or Agile processes, ensuring alignment to schedules, costs and testing plans
- Facilitate daily cross-disciplinary communication, including product brainstorming sessions, knowledge sharing, and team risk mitigation planning
- Establish a cadence of deliverables from project team members that will culminate in completed, tested requirements and deployed solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications, or with a minimum of 2 years experience leading network engineering or consumer electronic devices projects
- 3+ years of project management experience using Agile and Waterfall methods.
- Experience leading hardware projects with embedded software
- Proven ability to work with a broad range of engineering disciplines and demonstrated flexibility throughout a project
- Ability to understand the big picture, and to forecast how details will effect big-picture outcomes
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
Bonus points if...
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You enjoy investigating new ways to make your projects more efficient, and are flexible enough to abandon processes that don't work
- You can demonstrate continuous improvement of your own professional development
- You have worked in the consumer electronics or network engineering field before, and have a solid background in handling large, complex projects ranging in project cost from > $2mm
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.