Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own schedule and the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. The team is tightly-knit and collaborative, and you’ll have numerous opportunities for personal growth, including training, mentorship, and even one-on-one problem-solving sessions. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Subscriber Services Manager who will help us redefine how users access the internet. You will act as the face of Starry Internet Services to building owners and internet users, and be responsible for driving our network infrastructure projects by leveraging your networking knowledge.
Reporting to the Director, Network Service Delivery, you will provide management of field engineers and technicians, while providing excellent customer service through installing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading Starry’s network systems and equipment used for delivering internet services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Delight customers and provide a superior customer experience
- Build and manage a team of Starry field engineers and technicians
- Install, program, and troubleshoot equipment and infrastructure used in providing Starry internet services
- Verify Multi Dwelling Unit (MDU) installations conform to engineering design and document deviations
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure proper site operation and handoff procedures
- Develop customer installation procedures and perfect through continuous process improvement
- Check systems for correct functionality and optimal performance
- Maintains accurate installation, service, and inventory records
- Ensures adequate supply levels by inventorying stock and communicating needs to warehouse
- Create MDU as-builts and customer records to support customer operations
- Validate and inspect installed cable, networking equipment, and infrastructure components
- Create and maintain Key Performance Indicators to drive high level customer satisfaction
- Insure MDU’s & residential installs follow industry codes, regulations, and standards
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, replace, and upgrade network components
- Wow customers with respect, courtesy, and professionalism at all times
- Responsible for workforce quota and dispatching field technicians
- Experience in network engineering, deployment, fiber construction, wireless infrastructure or telecom management.
- Technology expertise: telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, Layer 2 and 3 technologies, Ethernet, IP Transit, Wi-Fi, structure, and building architecture
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interact successfully with reporting personnel, customers, management, and peers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Detail oriented with good organizational and time management skills to assign and adjust reporting personnel action items as necessary
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Strong communicator and influencer with a record of accomplishment of delivering on-time concurrent projects
- Prior customer-facing experience is highly desired
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Proven ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Able to effectively manage resources, track and complete projects before scheduled deadlines
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.