Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking a Full-time Marketing Field Associate in the Washington DC area. You will be responsible for providing field marketing support to Starry’s front end of the sales funnel; canvassing buildings, doorhanging, flyering, staffing field and pop up events, and trade shows. You will also serve as a Brand Ambassador to Starry. As a Brand Ambassador, you will act as the face of Starry at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. You’ll understand and then effectively communicate Starry’s offering and value proposition. Our Marketing Field Associate will be needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and also weekends.
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively canvass targeted buildings
- Distribute doorhangers and flyers in targeted neighborhoods
- Staff local public and private events hosted by Starry and other partners
- Create a unique and on-brand experience to increase brand awareness
- Represent Starry and sign up subscribers at marketing events
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of events
- Generate awareness through postering and other guerilla style street activations
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
- 1-2 years of customer facing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of DC neighborhoods and surrounding communities
- Willingness to work weekday mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, stand for extended periods of time and bustle about
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with events
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- Your sense of humor shines through, even if under stress
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.