Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our growing team. You will be responsible for ordering materials including radios, cables, wiring, SFPs, GAMS, switches, fittings, etc. In addition to ordering equipment, you will also be responsible for tracking the Starry equipment inventory from purchase to placement in the field (i.e. tracking equipment and materials issued from the warehouse to the technician, and ultimately to the building). You will perform cycle counts with the technicians to ensure all equipment is properly accounted for.
As Warehouse Manager, you will have the additional responsibility to oversee racking, stacking, and provisioning of equipment (radios, switches, and GAMS), as well as testing said equipment. Over time you will perfect this provisioning process to minimize installation intervals for the technicians and company. The goal is for you to prep the Implementation Technicians for the job site with a fully functioning rack of equipment, so they can quickly complete a building installation. Because of your expertise, you will also provide training to Field Technicians so that they can provision in the field as required.
What you’ll do:
- Purchase, inventory, issue, and track all materials for the local team
- Perform cycle counts to ensure levels on hand are correct and verify all equipment is accounted for properly
- Oversee RMA and warranty work
- Oversee and manage warehouse staff
- Ability to respond in an emergency if supplies from warehouse are needed
- Oversee the process of cleaning returned equipment and making it available to return to the field
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with all team members and support them to be successful
- Perform your work in a professional manner
- Work closely with all teams to ensure their materials requirements are met
- Strive to perform work quickly, accurately, and cost effectively and teach future staff to share these same quidding principals
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- Experience with wireless system deployments (PMP, PTP, mobile)
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of warehousing, including purchasing, inventory management systems, cycle counts, min/max levels, inventory turnover
- Thorough understanding of min/max levels, lead times, and forecasting to keep the operation completing work with minimal interruptions due to shortage of materials
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of inventory software; prior experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Prior wireless radio and/or ethernet network materials management is a plus
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Proven team player with a desire to excel
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to quickly grasp new things quickly
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, more safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend ,squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Background check may be required
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.